Raisin cupcakes for Easter
IngredientsWheat flour in
Sugar – 100 g
Yeast – 8-10 grams (1 tbsp.)
Salt – pinch
Homemade eggs – 6 pcs.
Homemade eggs – 6 pcs.
raisins – 150 g
Egg to grease – 1 pc.
Check out the recipe
Step by step recipe with photoWith the birth of a child in our family, I really wanted to introduce the tradition of baking Easter. But after reading a lot of recipes, I realized that it is a very serious, responsible and rather laborious work.
Among all the selected recipes, I really liked these cakes, slightly similar to brioche buns. I was very satisfied with the result. Together with my child, we easily and simply made muffins and pleased my family and friends with a delicious pastry. So if you, like me, do not dare to bake serious Easter cakes, this recipe is for you. It will turn out really great!
1. I want to note right away that I started making the raisin muffins for Easter in the evening and baked them in the early morning. We start by mixing the dry ingredients. In a deep bowl we put the granulated sugar.
2. Then add salt and dry yeast.
3. Now sift the flour.
4. and thoroughly mix all the dry ingredients.
5. Stirred, add fresh chicken eggs, one at a time.
6. Mix the dry mixture with the eggs for a few minutes with a mixer on low speed with a dough hook.
7. This is how smooth and silky the dough turned out.
8. A couple of hours before cooking, I took the butter out of the refrigerator and cut it into pieces so that it would be at room temperature, so it would be easy to incorporate it into the batter. You can warm the butter slightly in a water bath.
9. Add the butter and stir the dough again slowly at low speed.
10. This is how the dough turned out. Cover it with gauze or a towel and leave it for a couple of hours.
Now let’s deal with raisins – they should be soaked in warm water for an hour so that they swell up and become juicy.
12. After a couple of hours the dough has risen perfectly and is airy. Now we knead and let it rise again. I did something different: I put the dough in a cool place overnight, so that in the morning I could bake fragrant buns.
13. The dough is very light and airy. Now we should add the raisins.
14. To make the raisins better intervene in the batter, combine them with a spoonful of sifted flour.
15. Now the dough can be kneaded.
16. Done. Let’s start placing the dough into the molds.
17. I used silicone muffin molds. Great result, nothing stuck anywhere and baked wonderfully.
18. Leave the dough in the molds for a few minutes (about 15-20) to rise.
19. Brush the tops with whipped egg yolk.
20. And put it in a preheated 180 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes.
21. Once browned, it’s done! You can take them out and enjoy the taste and aroma of delicious Easter rolls.
22. When our buns have cooled, take them out of the silicone molds.
23. You can smear the top of the cupcakes with powdered sugar whipped with egg white. And sprinkle with decorations.
24. This is what Easter cupcakes with raisins look like when cut. Very juicy and spongy. Enjoy your tea time!